1792 Bottled in Bond Bourbon

2. brianc2103

3. rwhitely

4. waterfall38

5. jrickert

Spicy, nutty, earthy, high rye content unmistakable.
  6. dubz480

I have been on a bit of a 1792 tasting tear of late and had this one and the Port Cask left to complete the tasting flight! One of the local liquor stores I hit on occasion has just opened a new bar across the parking lot and I was told they had a fantastic Bourbon selection. They weren't kidding! This place has probably the finest selection of Bourbon on the West Coast (full verticals of Birthday Bourbon, BTAC, Pappy and vintage squat Weller's to name a few). I was told the pricing was good as well, however, that was less true! It wasnt all bad news as they had the full 1792 line including this one for $8 pour or the Port Cask for $14 pour. So I passed on the Port and tasted this one! On the pallette it's typical 1792 just amped up. Rich brown sugar, vanilla and a hint of spice. Mid pallette is more of the same with the finish being meduim with oak and a nice butterscotch note. Mouthfeel is pretty oily. It's a solid pour to be sure. For the $50 I have had the chance to buy this one, I am glad I passed. For an $8 pour, it's a solid deal. Like the other 1792 limited releases, this is a winner if a little overpriced and hyped (#10 on the 2018 WA list). Here is how I have the 1792 I have tasted thus far ranked: 1) Full Proof 2) High Rye 3) tie Sweet Wheat 3) tie BIB 4) Small batch (by some margin) Cheers all!
    8.0 USD per Pour
    Hundred North Bar & Kitchen
  7. ponch1408

8. KBirken

9. Mtmckenney

11.0 USD per Pour
    Brooklyn Park Pub
  10. pjuhl2313

Spicy, strong finish, a tad of a bite. Better with ice

• The Epicurean Trader