Bulleit 10 Year Bourbon

Bulleit // Kentucky, USA

1. BDanner

Bulleit 10 NOSE/APPAERANCE: The best looking of the Bulleit labels. The Off-White with Black Lettering and the bold orange "10" really pops. Great Amber color with Clingy Fat Legs. Nose starts off with a light Floral Element. Followed by Butterscotch, Sticky Brown Sugar. With time it becomes Drier in nature. Think Spice Cabinet with notes of Clove, Cinnamon Stick, and Allspice. NEAT: My first pour of this was much sweeter in character. I used notes like Grape Jam and Vanilla Coke. Subsequent pours have had a Drier character that I liked MUCH better. Oak Heavy without being Tannic. Freshly Grated Cinnamon Stick, Clove, Allspice, and Dry Cocoa Powder. Medium Length Finish with with building KY Hug low in the chest. A nice Layering Coating of Musty Oak and Cinnamon coats the palate. SPLASH: A few drops of water Sweeten it just a bit (but nowhere near as sweet as the first pour). The Oaky Finish is even better as the Musty Funk becomes a little more prominent. A little Pink Bubblegum sugar comes in on the coating as well. VERDICT: This is on sale this month for $45. I eyed it for a couple weeks before deciding to give it a try. I really didn't like this one after the first pour and I'm glad I waited to review it. Subsequent pours meshed with my palate much better. I'm not sure if they are still using 4 Roses stocks, but I did get the florality that I associate with them. I also get the Musty Oak note I get from older Heaven Hill. I question the value on this one at its standard $50 plus, but don't feel that it was overpriced at $45. I can definitely see purchasing a second bottle of this when I see it on sale.
    2. dbrown

3. ReanimatedMaddy

4. druss40

5. ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Remove ads, get access to premium features, and more with
      Distiller Pro

6. rulli136

7. sarahwood15

More medicinal than orange label
    8. JaredP