Bulleit 10 Year Bourbon

5. bdickerson

6. MetalHeadBrewer

7. objob_1

8. Fafnir187

First sampling of a Bulleit whiskey. At a price point of $35, I decided to not mess around with the entry level product and just jump straight to the 10 year. Really nice nose on this one; getting caramel dipped green apple, snickerdoodle cookie, and lots of "baking spices" by which I mean nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and clove, in that order. On the palate it matches the nose almost exactly with apple and spices leading the way so I can't say I'm picking out any notes that weren't already described above. Reminds me of autumn in a good way. Medium length finish of rye and yet more baking spices with the addition of some toasted oak, but far less than I would imagine from 10 years in the barrel. I would describe this as a very "traditional" bourbon. You aren't going to get a ton of complexity here or anything unique to write home about; just solid, well crafted juice at a reasonable price point. Re-buy at this price but probably not so if it were much more. Based on this I am looking forward to trying the barrel strength version.
  9. blackwoodsbackwoods