Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Woodford Reserve // Kentucky, USA

1. Kevin_F

2. betweensilence

Second time tasting this. Just confirmed that I’m going to buy a full bottle. I love it! I taste and smell the oakiness in it from the double maturation. Notes on tasting are chocolate, oak, caramel, and a little bit of a citrusy flavor, almost like an orange cream that would go on a cake or something. I love how smooth it is, I hardly get any alcohol burn. Since there’s no burn, when it first hits my tongue, it’s like I’m drinking chocolate milk, because the chocolate is the first bite that I taste, and with it being whiskey it feels like a more syrupy liquid. Very interesting. I am drinking it now with an ice mold, which is melting pretty slowly, but in the future, I think this is best drank neat, since it’s so smooth and complex already. It’s super sweet (which I usually don’t love) but not too sweet, and is just a full tasting whiskey. There’s not much of a follow through, but that’s fine, just makes me want to drink more haha.
  3. jpatton609

4. ajones21

5. wnordt

Nose: chocolate milk, a little bit of vinegar, dark fruit, oak. There’s also a strong sweet BBQ note the longer you let it sit with you. Taste: smooth, but has more character on the back end. The chocolate is still there, but now it’s darker. Prominent oak barrel note as the name suggests. Finish is medium length. It’s good. Closing your eyes and tasting takes you to a barrel room for sure. The BBQ note on the nose is amazing.
    Virginia ABC
  6. Jdom1nator

7. joelsteam

8. thomjkelly

9. JD2700

A great oaky spicy bourbon! Campfire here we come, rain storm here we come, snowed in here we come! A great hearty bourbon with spice on the front and mid of the finish with a delicious sweet bread note on the end. A sweet nose and robust mouth feel. A great bourbon in the $50 range.
  10. pattyonice

Stays true to the name. Definite classic woodford tendencies but enhanced oak and a sharper tang of sweet honey and cinnamon. Almost maple-caramel syrup behind the fiery oak that stays through the entirety of the sip, very impressed!