Crown Royal Texas Mesquite

Flavored Whiskey

Crown Royal // USA

1. PBMichiganWolverine

1.0
    I’m out in Denver, staying at my regular hotel where the bartender knows me by now. I stopped over to say ‘hello’ and saw this on the shelf. I asked her to give me a pour, and she promptly replied “ you sure? Okay...fine, but I won’t charge you for it...I need to keep you as a returning customer”. That should’ve clued me in. I’m a huge fan of Crown Royal Northern Harvest rye, as well as their Cornserstone one. So, I was hoping for something similar. I thought it’s like having a Lagavulin or Ardbeg...there’s no such thing as a bad Lagavulin, just not as good as the other Lagavulin but still damn good. Not this. Oh keep away from this one. I took two sips and gave up. It’s just lousy swill, half really bad tequila and the other half really bad bourbon. @LeeEvolved and @Telex I know you guys think I’m picky and harsh...but my 1 Star here is actually really generous. Hell, even @Generously_Paul would give this 1 Star, and he’s normally forgiving. Crown Royal: maybe you can sell this to a pharma company to make into antiseptic wipes.
  2. Will-Rockenbaugh

1.0
    Probably the most offensive whisky I've ever tasted.
  3. MassiveONE

4. goste202

Good for chicken and ribs...that's about it. The mesquite is overpowering, and the vanilla, cinnamon notes keep it a smooth drink. But I feel like I'm drinking a BBQ sauce not whiskey.
  5. HEBArn

6. Corey-Summers

7. Peidsness

8. HankScorpio

9. whiskeyismyjam

1.0
    A great way to ruin a good Canadian whiskey. This is pretty terrible. I had hoped that this was possibly done the way peated Scotch is in that the grains are dried and flavored with the burning of peat, or in this case Texas mesquite. Instead, as soon as the bottle is opened your senses are assaulted with what smells like a charcoal barbeque. While there is nothing wrong with barbeque, this tastes like liquid smoke. They literally took their whiskey and added a liquid smoke extract of sorts that just ruins this otherwise enjoyable blended Canadian whiskey. I wish I could have gotten a refund. Instead, I just dumped it out. If you want smoke and whiskey, I'd suggest Jura Superstition if you can find it, or anither lightly peated Scotch such as Bowmore or Highland Park 12.
  10. Klabunde11

This is the type of whiskey for men who enjoy medium rare steaks, Saturday barbeques, and football! Sat out back with the old man last night and drank the whole bottle. Already bought 2 more.