The Glenlivet Code

The Glenlivet // Speyside, Scotland

1. MalteseFalcon

2. PBMichiganWolverine

I don’t mind the concept of a dark bottle marketing some horse shit mystery content...but at least then deliver on the goods. Without delivering, it’s just marketing horse shit. Hell, I even applaud them for the extra distance in creating an app where you can scan the bottle’s code, and be virtually taken to an underground room where you meet the master distiller. You then go about trying to decipher the flavors...hence the name Code. Only if they used that app development effort into making a better whisky. If I want to play virtual reality, I’m heading to Microsoft or Sony. After all you don’t see me going to Microsoft expecting great whisky. I was looking forward to this one ( generously sent by my buddy @LeeEvolved ), namely because I guess my expectations were higher considering the price tag ( approx $120). Clearly sherry backbone; red bell pepper, slightly oily. Looks like maybe some wine finishing. Not red, since I’m not getting the tannins, but maybe white wine finishing...getting floral notes . Moscatel maybe. I’m guessing this is a 10-12 yr old, some sherry maturation and finishing in moscatel. Damn it...did I just unknowingly play their freakin Code game? Not really badly made, just overpriced...I’m sure the app developers were expensive. At $120, about $40 too much.
  3. Ian-Hutton

7. CanadianStereotype

8. Maurious

Time
  9. sscheck

Not much on the nose. Spicy taste. Short finish.
    23.0 USD per Pour