Admiral Rodney Extra Old Rum

Aged Rum

Admiral Rodney // Saint Lucia

1. Johnag68

Rich and sweet, but not cloying. refined. A special sipper if you can find it.
    5.0 USD per Shot
  2. kadmiovatyc

3. cmbuchholz

Not overly sweet. Nice spiced rum. dark colors. cuts nice with water
  4. Deejay

5. Reverend357

Day 15. I'm a bit late, had the relatives in for their holiday visit. Was a good day but since I'm trying to get my uncle into whisky we sampled a few, so I needed to wait until I could try this. It's already sunday morning, but since today the other half of the relatives come...I need this right now. Rum is always a bit hit and miss for me. I tend to be pulled toward the more expensive ones (thinking Diplomatico Ambassador here), but there are some decent ones in lower price categories. This one...it's neither very special nor is it very cheap for what it delivers. Just average in both ways. Nose is classic vanilla, roasted brown sugar and a bit of cinnamon. A very classic rum nose. The taste is more of the same but with some nice additions. Vanilla, brown sugar, coffee and a host of baking spices give it a bit of character, but all in all it's rather simple. Doesn't mean it's bad, just for the pricepoint I expect more. Aftertaste is short, spicy and vanilla. Not enough bang for your buck to justify this one, but it's perfectly fine to sip.
    50.0 EUR per Bottle