BenRiach 10 Year

BenRiach // Speyside, Scotland

1. hammar

2. dno

3. moroni324

Little honey nose, yellow, fizzy, spritzy and long full finish, oily, not very strong notes, more about mouthfeel
  4. pgr

Light and tasty dessert, toasted apple with sugar, vanilla and dried fruits. Rounds off an evening nicely.
  5. ngolofane

Perhaps it’s because I’ve been on a bit of an Irish whiskey kick lately but the first thing I thought of when I tasted this was that it tasted like an Irish. Maybe it’s the pale straw color or the heavy cereal and vanilla nose and taste profile. Then the sherry shows up...definitely not an Irish. But it’s a bit muted telling you it’s not a speyside sherry bomb either. Then some heat comes along for the ride through the relatively short finish. I’d say in the end it’s unique enough. Not sure I’d buy another bottle but I’ll enjoy the one I just opened. And I’ll definitely move up the range with interest as this is said by many to be one of the weaker expressions from this distillery. Update: upon re-tasting the balvenie single barrel I think I may have found my comp for this. On balance I prefer the balvenie but similar sour elements are present and both turn very sweet with a bit of water.
  6. skeeterrunning

Heat up front. Fades quick to a hint of sweetness.
    10.0 USD per Pour
    Can Can Brasserie
  7. thsbde

Hints of green fruit and citrus. A bit sharp.
  8. gedorismond