Bernheim Original Wheat Whiskey

Wheat Whiskey

Heaven Hill // Kentucky, USA

1. PEZwhiskey

It’s a fine little whiskey, soft & smooth but it lacks a whole lot of character. Nose is a little floral followed by a light honey flavor. It’s not bad but is just so lacking.
  2. Richard-Lambert1

3. Chuck-Ehrenfried

Heaven Hill Distillery
  4. mwash815

5. Brennan-Crowe

Oak, vanilla caramel It thin this would be better if it aged longer.
    Time Out Tavern Sports Bar
  6. gman4405

OK. Doesn't do much for me.Will not be buying again.
  7. KeiFer

Smooth-light taste with medium finish.
  8. KeiFer

9. Zachary-Robbins

If you have a friend who is hesitant to drink whiskey neat due to limited experience, this is a perfect starter. Since the market is extremely limited for wheat whiskey, I compare this to the drinkability of Maker's Mark and Larceny. All 3 are widely available and sub $30. Bernheim is smoother and lighter than either due to higher wheat, which is why I recommend it for beginners. Oak is most prominent on the nose, due to the 7 year statement. I also smell caramel, but keep in mind everything I'm smelling is subtle. The taste is equally light. All of the flavors I see in reviews are mild at best, including the oak and alcohol. This whiskey basically disappears on the tongue. I barely know I had a sip of it 10 seconds after swallowing. It is honestly impressive how light and drinkable a 7Y whiskey can be. But that's not what I want these days. I see value in this, especially for $29 with its age statement and uniqueness. However, it is boring to drink and I'm having a hard time finishing the bottle because I always want to reach for something else. Buy this for your friend who drinks whiskey on the rocks or Crown Royale straight, I'm sure they'll enjoy this.
  10. larryb86