Bluebird Distilling Four Grain Bourbon Whiskey

Bluebird Distilling // Pennsylvania , USA

1. philimhof

2. camaier

3. ppochiro

Sweet smell...unique flavor that I liked
  4. Rob-Maier

5. albertleva

6. TheWhiskeyJug

1.5
    Smells and tastes like most other young craft whiskeys out there. The Aroma is raw and woody with that sawdust smell that is so prevalent in young craft whiskey; Palate carries the same but picks up a bit of spice; Finish is a muted expression of the palate.
  7. m_pip

Subtle and sightly sweet on the nose. Sightly syrupy and bitter. Very smooth. Mild fire in the mouth and belly. Pleasant, sightly bitter aftertaste.
    Bluebird Distilling
  8. eboldt10

There is supposed to be a vanilla start according to the bottle. I can barely smell it under the alcohol smell. The smell is so strong, it's almost a menthol smell. After a couple of sips, when my palette adjusted to it, I picked up the vanilla. The taste is chaotic, the rye and the wheat seem to be battling each other for dominance. It seems to me that the whiskey needs more time in the barrel to settle down and find its personality. Initially I catch the smoothness of the wheat, but the spicy rye finish is...interesting. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It is a strong middle of the road bourbon, and not a bad result from a science experiment.
    Fine Wine & Good Spirits