Booker's Bourbon Batch 2018-03 "Kentucky Chew"

Booker's // Kentucky, USA

1. Jon-Nixon

Nose: oak, leather, heat. actually burns the nostrils a bit. Neat: velvety mouth feel. Heat and sweet. getting butterscotch and/ or salted caramel Opened up nicely with a small ice cube.
  2. D-j-Mebane

3. JamesKlein

Strong and smooth. Real whiskey. Had in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
    Cedar Rapids
  4. JamesKlein

5. blizzard

Hot at first, spice on the finish, caramel, vanilla, oak.
  6. Joe-Tenney

West Lafayette
  7. tylerss20

I swear I was going to open with cigar smoke as my first note before I read the distiller app review. Oh well, originality is overrated. In addition to the smoky char, there's an intriguing meaty quality like bacon or sausage on the nose, in addition to more familiar candied nuts, oak and vanilla. Black pepper and peanuts, bread rolls, jerky, spice on the palate. Not many of the rounded dessert qualities you expect. Still very good, simply not as balanced and rounded as the best Booker's editions.
  8. Trent61

Nose - Charred wood and cherries on the nose, can tell it will bite, slight vanilla Taste - Felt like I got ran over by a spice truck! Super hot and oily Aftertaste - Maybe my batch but I had a slightly nutty aftertaste As someone said earlier best sipped on a cold night, this stuff is great and packs a punch
  9. wrcanter

Sweet up front, spicy and long finish, one of my favorites in my collection.
  10. Anthony-Olivas