Booker's Bourbon Batch 2018-1 Kathleen's Batch

Booker's // Kentucky, USA

1. Clarkebar

Just opened this, my first Booker's. Passed on the 2017-03s that were left but might go back and see what is still available. The '18- 01 Batch is strongly aromatic of rye when first opened, and with my somewhat stuffy nose, a bit medicinal. But poured into a proper tasting glass it changes very quickly to closely follow the Distiller's review, at least for me. I love the color of this whiskey. The legs are spaced almost with regular precision and very long. I really like this bourbon. I drink almost every proof neat, at least at first, and this one has a very nice level of heat without pain. It enhances the full bodied experience and the spice, both with the nose and the buds, is generously proportioned. Finish is Medium as described but quite satisfying. Now if I could only corral a bottle of Tommy's Batch I would likely be even happier. But alas, late to the party ... Edit: July 2018 Did in fact corral a bottle of Tommy's Batch (2017-1), along with a Front Porch Batch (2017-3), and indeed I am a very happy man now with 3 delicious Booker's in the barn! All $79.99 USD in PA.
  2. bigwillpro