Bunnahabhain Cruach Mhòna

Bunnahabhain // Islay, Scotland

1. Ludvig-Tanno

God!
  2. Marko-Ob-ut

Vôňa: decentný nádych rašeliny, komplexná vôňa. Vo vôni nie je nič rušivé. Chuť: slabá, malý náznak rašeliny. Rýchly koniec
  3. Sauvaage

More complex,woody,less peaty,bacon-ish
    Nord Club
  4. mddamiano

5. mvangent

6. Jernet

7. icsteel154

This is an unusual Bunnahabhain - in a good way! This is a peated NAS expression, which while not unusual for Islay, Bunnahabhain is usually an un-peated whisky. The first taste is smooth, caramel sweet and smoky. As it develops in the mouth, you get the typical brine, alongside citrus and pepper which stays right through the medium long finish. The aftertaste is citrus, pepper and sweet smoke. Overall, a delicious NAS dram. Definitely a favourite from Bunnahabhain.
    83.9 GBP per Bottle
  8. arrrrr

9. Mash70

10. Jan-Case

This one was a special experience for me. I usually have a problem when it comes to heavily peated whisky that have those bacon / fireplace / ash aromas (like Port Charlotte). But even though this one here has these features I kinda liked and enjoyed it. The nose is cold ash but also more dominantly like a wooden fire. But equally present are some citrus aromas and green spices. The taste while quiet burny comes with roasted bread that is almost burned in a toaster. There also is some nutty flavors where especially pistachios are sticking out for me. It remains citrusy and stays quite long with that sourness and a long enduring peaty smoke. Having tasted this I hope that I will get more in line with heavily peated whiskies in the future. After some drams of this one I think I can reckon where peat-lovers are coming from. I definitely see what it is about now. Thanks Bunnahabhain for this eye opener. Edit: the more often I drink it, the more I enjoy it. It really is interesting, smooth, delicious, briny and isn’t at all musty or stinky. It is like a fresh roasted pan of fruits (orchard & exotic too) from a wood smoker.