Caol Ila 25 Year

Caol Ila // Islay, Scotland

1. Reverend357

Day 17. Caol Ila 25. This is probably the oldest whisky I have tried so far. I own a bottle of the 12 and tried the 18 in a bar. But by god, I have to get a bottle of the 25. The real kicker is, this is only 10 bucks more than the Kilchoman Port....and the contrast between those two....like a fishing boat vs the Yamato. The nose is very delicate peat, some salt and vanilla, and a very clear, distinct note of chocolate raspberries. I don't think I had that anywhere else before, and I'm in love with it. The taste is also amazing. A very soft yet still present peat layer, some salty vanilla fudge, a touch of honey sweetness, some herbal notes that I'd probably categorize as basil, and some pekan nuts. Very, very delicious. And it keeps changing with every sip. There is a long, slightly bitter, woody aftertaste with some smoke and nuttyness. I think this has just overtaken the Hibiki 17 and the Highland Park 18 as my favorite whisky so far. I'm in heaven. Caol Ila is very underrated in my opinion. The prices for these are just stunningly low, and they are so worth it.
    160.0 EUR per Bottle
  2. Petr-Bures

vynikající. kouř, ale svěží, lehká, nasládlá. moje chuť
    150.0 EUR per Bottle
  3. Jasper-Zigter

100.0 EUR per Bottle
  4. fortidom

5. Roberto-Biaggio

6. philnick93

The oldest Islay I’ve ever tried and it’s definitely less peaty, mostly very briny. Rich and oily, 93
  7. RandyStewart