Compass Box Great King St Glasgow Blend

Peated Blend

Compass Box // Scotland

1. Stuhendricks1

Nose: Peat (not enough in my opinion) Baked cinnamon apples, pear, slight orange/tangerine. Taste: Peat and honey punch to begin. Fades into apples, pears, flowers, and an oily finish with a sweet tobacco taste. Amazing for the price.
  2. Benjebrak

3. David-Cawthon

Gomer's Midtown
  4. Colin-Schmidt

One of the most thin bodied scotches I have had...
  5. LionBazooka

Binny's Beverage Depot
  6. deuce26

I just finished this bottle last night. Initially I was disappointed in it. But, as I kept going back to it I found I really began to appreciated the underlying sweet notes and the changing smoke (not peat) influence. It just all of a sudden became more interesting and more complex then what I initially thought was an unbalanced blend. So, ultimately at its price point I think I will buy this again. Just goes to show that you have to stick with something despite first expressions. Except for Bowmore 15 Darkest. That’s terrible. I’m actually afraid of it at this point and have moved it to the back corner of my bar. And I like the 12 so go figure.
  7. Gwilkins

A mostly easy-going peat introduction. A little astringent and citric. Palette has light fruit notes. Sweet bright apple? some pepper throughout.
  8. whiskyteacher

9. Gwilkins

Picked up on clearance. I'm new to peated scotch so this is interesting. Peaty and a little rubbery almost. Nose is very mellow and semi-sweet. I finally understand the bandaid taste note. Cheers to new experiences and clearance sales.