Del Maguey Crema de Mezcal

Mezcal Joven

Del Maguey // Oaxaca, Mexico

1. geersgordon

I really enjoy this. This was my first memorable experience with Mezcal and I find myself coming back to it a lot.
  2. Erik-Braziunas

I'm not crazy about this mezcal and here is why. Its incredibly sweet. Think nearly liqueur with the same sort of semi-syrupy consistency. The professional reviewer on this page writes "the sweetness is subtle" and then in the next sentence "It would be a great product to use in a margarita as there would be no need to add any sweetener." Any bartender worth their salt knows there is a ton of sugar that goes into a margarita to counteract the tartness of the lime. So only one of those statements can be true. Personally, I didn't find the flavors of this mezcal to pair especially well with fresh lime juice anyway. If you are looking for something to drink chilled or on neat spend another $5-10. There are a plethora of good options in the $40-50 range. Alipus makes a couple nice entry level options (Blue and Pink bottles) and if you're lucky you can find a bottle of Tosba Espadin (the best thing I've tried for under $50). However, If you enjoy sipping liqueuers as opposed to spirits then ignore my review. This Del Maguey Crema might be your thing.
  3. kamsmith

4. concordiam

5. warrenmacdonald

6. Imontel

7. dhillmann

8. Shifty1

This is a bargain from a great producer. This is fantastic on it's own. I have also used this to mezcal mules in the Summer time!