Dolin Rouge Vermouth

Dolin // France

1. Demitri

2. escijay

3. WhiskeyLonghorn

I’m just learning about Vermouth as a category and its versatility as an ingredient in cocktails. I tried this on its own and found it intriguing but slightly thin and underwhelming. I also get the oregano note that’s mentioned in the official tasting. Not something I’d sip on. BUT. This really livens up any spirit. I mixed a Manhattan at home this afternoon with a few dashes of bitters, an ounce of this and 2 ounces of Willet CS rye and it was a beautiful thing. Rather than masking the rye, the vermouth notes heightened the spiciness of the rye and added a substantive fruity layer to the drink. This will be a fun bottle to continue experimenting with. If you e got any suggestions on what else to do with it, I’m all ears. Cheers.
  4. TheNextGreekThing

As a guy from Piedmont and a die-hard vermouth aficionado, my taste is obviously set towards the flavor profile of Vermouth di Torino. So you can imagine how Dolin Rouge caught me off guard with a totally different character than Italian's most famous PGI: much drier than Italian vermouth, I'd say less full-bodied in a very positive way, with a stunning aroma and a pleasant acidity that reminds of non-fortified wine and makes it dangerously easy to drink. Two big thumbs up, I can't wait to see how it works in classic cocktails calling for sweet Italian vermouth to give them a more floral vibe.
    Opificio Cucina e Bottega
  5. sostrander12

Not too sweet. Some depth, and cinnamon upfront. Pairs well with a spicy rye in a Manhattan. Negronis need Carpano. Such is life.
  6. whiskeyed