Don Julio Reposado Double Cask Buchanan's Finish

Tequila Reposado

Don Julio // Los Altos, Jalisco, Mexico

1. ContemplativeFox

The nose is smooth with sweet nectar and mint and some spice and mild bitter herbal. A tad of brown sugar and plenty of vanilla in the nose. The palate is viscous and smooth with a lot of vanilla and mint with some richness in the sweet nectar. There's a little bit of orange and some lime, but not a ton. It's tasty and a good tequila. Similar in quality to Patron Anejo. Maybe a bit better. I'm thinking 14. The flavor is still quite mild, but it has a bit more complexity than regular Patron and somewhat better flavor as well. It's good, bit maybe not quite interesting enough to be a 15. it reminds me a bit of Casamigos. Yeah, 14 seems about right. I don't know, the smoothness is awfully nice, especially with the viscosity. It's better than Casamigos. Maybe it deserves that 15.
  2. Gaston-Hinostroza

I am a neat in a snifter taster so for me, DJ has been getting a tad "medicinal" lately. Tequila Don Julio Reposado Double Cask Buchanan's Barrel is quite the sipper's tequila. It's a limited-edition Reposado tequila aged for 8 months in bourbon oak barrels, then finished for 30 days in casks used to make Buchanan's Blended Scotch Whisky. It gives is a nice easy agave, spicy start with peat and chocolate flavors and a really..."rich and complex finish" I read on another site. That nails it I think. I tried it with it with a friend that doesn't drink much and certainly not tequila. We finished the bottle... I am still a Fortaleza Reposado man, but Tequila Don Julio Reposado Double Cask Buchanan's Barrel certainly has my attention. I'll be trying it again very soon.
  3. weepiggy

The initial smell of the tequila has a butterscotch-like aroma. It tastes evenly blended together between tequila and scotch. Incredibly smooth, no tequila bite whatsoever. I might go back and grab another one!
  4. misshap

5. agurrol1

6. goldy222

So incredibly smooth
  7. mae194

Great smooth taste heavily biased towards a scotch whisky rather than the mineral and herbal flavors you typically get from the blue agave plant.
  8. Antonio-Stephens