El Jimador Reposado Tequila

Tequila Reposado

Tequila Valley, Jalisco, Mexico

1. ContemplativeFox

Rating: 10/23 N: This immediately reminds me of Cuervo Gold with a cedar presence mixed with confectioner's sugar and a tad of citrus. There's a bit more herbal presence here that has some subtlety and natural tequila scent, but the main impression is Cuervo Gold. Not a great start. P: This palate is much better than that of Cuervo Gold. It's fuller and smoother with a more genuine tasting light caramel sweetness that might or might not be real agave but definitely is less like confectioner's sugar. There's something surprisingly bitter and meaty like in Corralejo Reposado, yet the flavor is still fairly light. I get a light dusting of mint in here. This strikes me as sort of like tequila, but not super convincing because it has that Cuervo Gold profile as well. It's moderately complex, but the balance is fairly out of whack. The anejo is fuller and substantially more balanced. There's an occasional note of tomato, but it is quick to vanish. F: I get confectioner's sugar, but also some cedar, hints of agave, and so on. Like with Cuervo Gold, this is the low point of this tequila, but it isn't super low like it is with Cuervo Gold. This isn't a good tequila. The fact that I've been comparing it with Cuervo Gold should make that no surprise. It is significant'y worse than the anejo as well without costing much less, so I would never recommend getting this. It's substantially smoother with less alcohol and a better, fuller profile than Cuervo, so there is no doubt that this is a far better tequila. Still, it tastes kind of wrong. An 11 would probably be too generous, but an 8 would be too severe for sure. I think a 10 is about where this belongs.
  2. lcdistiller

3. Neptune277

4. TurtleBeef

Incredibly easy drinking tequila , a bit lacking in initial flavour but makes up for it in a descriptive herbal finish.
  5. kryztov

6. Matt-Brown3

7. Ludwig89

1.0
  8. oedelpino

9. Bill-Shannon

Keep in mind I know next to nothing about tequila! The nose is briny and salty; it smells lime-green, if that's possible. A bit of bar soap (I don't think it's my own hand), and just a smidge of apple-jam preserves like my grandma used to break out on Easter Sunday. The taste is Lemon-drop candies, and what I can only assume is the agave, because it reminds me of aloe. There is a metallic taste in the middle which comes out of nowhere. The finish is a definite lemon meringue experience, with a very stainless steel metal finish. Some tannic barrel bitterness that dovetails with a little pucker. I had been using this one for margaritas (where it did a terrific job) but it does just fine on its own, Clark.
    Titletown Liquor
  10. Brad-C

My go to tequila for margs and ranch water; rich and smooth flavor.