GlenDronach Tawny Port Finish 15 Year

5. Traveler

6. andreytriana

The Caledonian
  7. Rick_M

Growing up the only subject I hated worse than English was foreign language. Ten years of studying French in grade schools only to be left feeling betrayed after learning they were holding out on all the good stuff: Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, and the French tickler. Entering the business world after college was equally shocking after realizing one’s income was predicated on shit luck and the ability to string words together. A melding of Shakespeare and Ecclesiastes says it best: “Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall; for time and chance happens to them all." So, now, here I sit happily retired after a career of loquacious drudgery still trying to please my customers. Today’s attempt at this is GlenDronach 15 Tawny Port. I've been on the lookout for this bottle ever since reading @LeeEvolved state he would pay a king’s ransom for the hard-to-find offering. Well, I’m here to report that said whisky is in my possession and awaiting shipment, pending his successful negotiation with my trading partner, Nancy Pelosi. I could wax (my car) poetically about this expression and its greatness, but would rather simply point to Lee’s 5-star review for all of the pertinent details. The nose and dry port finish on this one are spectacular and I would rate it at 4.75 stars.
  8. tylerss20

Nose: Orange zest, cinnamon cake, bright and tart jammy notes. Palate: Buttery french toast with syrup and berries, ginger, lemon, mild pepper, cranberry tartness. Looong finish. The bright fruit lingers but not too sweet. Fantastic pour. Not overrated.
  9. jinwookun