Glenfiddich Special Old Reserve

3. Pasquale-Ferone

4. ninjaneer

5. JFarloo

6. jwwht

A whisky without a middle and finish..I am very disappointed at this..not a good whisky at all!!
  7. fizkbanan

8. Clarkebar

Distillers has no listing for what I have but the label is the only one that comes close. Mine says Special Reserve not Old . This was a gift from my dear, departed brother many a Christmas ago. I believe circa 2003-2005, but perhaps as long ago as the late 90's. At the time I was not a Scotch drinker nor even much of a whisky drinker, except for an annual Christmas punch made with Jack Daniels by my dear departed Mother. I made a habit of having a small amount of this Scotch almost each year, usually mid-year for some unknown reason, so the bottle is still with me and has a number of fingers left in it as well. A 12 year at the time, it's now over 25 years old, if not a good deal more. I still enjoy the taste but having recently moved into the world of fine whisky, with or without an 'E', I can't say anything special about it other than it has little to no peat and goes down very smooth. Still a pleasant dram with a lingering sweetness to it in the finish. This bottle label has the silver thistles and 'Product of Scotland' going down into the top of the bottom gold banner and overlaying it, rather than solely up in the Black area. If anyone has any info on when this label was changed, either to this or from this, I would appreciate a comment here. Many thanks.
  9. MileHighMuggle