Hankey Bannister Original Blend

4. Radek-Meluzin

Rozhodne lepší než rum
  5. IKSNIGA

6. eszter

Baconos illat, edeskesebb teltebb íz
  7. brabadun

8. robertwayne64024

I have been stocking up on my favorite Scotch and Irish whiskies before the 25% tariff boost goes in effect in three days. While I have been shopping I found this in 1.75 bottles on clearance for less than half price. Had already been curious about it; after all, it is rated in the first tier at Proof66, and Ralphy gave it an 86 mark---so I pulled the trigger. Their web site says it is a blend of Lowland grain whisky with a combination of Highland and Speyside malts. It is fruity, sweet, and spicy. It has a medium finish and is slightly astringent. I have no idea where it comes from, but I sometimes get a hint of iodine on the finish. There is no smoke in this dram. I found this to be an OK basic blended Scotch. In that category I would prefer Grant's Family Reserve (now Three Woods) or Highland Leader, but I think this is equal to the present day Famous Grouse, and is superior to Cutty Sark, Ballantine's, etc.
  9. Nystea

Got this one served at a Thai air flight. Very soft without any depth. Not alot of taste and no finish.

• Modern Liquors