ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Remove ads, get access to premium features, and more with
Distiller Pro

2. Mr-Roboto

1/2 pour
    60.0 USD per Pour
  3. dhsilv2

45.7% edition. I debated making a new whisky but it seems distillers has let this travesty go on for this entire bottles life as now the 46% edition is out. So just bought this today and I had to write about. I landed this one for 530 bucks after sales tax. Basically the store got a deal on these and wanted to clear out 1-2 at cost and I just happened to be talking to the right guy on the right day. What a freaking deal! Nose - honey, slightly oakey cough syrup, dark fruits (raspberry dates figs), now the oak is opening up giving way to rum soaked raisins and vanilla. It's a near perfect perfectly balanced sherry and oak nose. Giving just a bit of bias to the sherry as I prefer and with some light salts that I hope show up more as I drink it. Simply wonderful. Taste - Honey and vanilla remain with red fruits, but the whisky transitions into a peated and smokey, not beast, but far more of that assertive island note than expected. Likely heavily driven not by peat but by european oak casks. The opening is a sinfully rich sherry fruits and vanilla infused treat that turns peaty, spicey, and just smokey enough on the finish. I even get some dark chocolates finding their way into the finish. The abv leaves this one slightly less oily than you might hope for, but the rich oak and decades of sherry flavors soaked in here creates what is a surprisingly flavorful sub 46% dram. Actually surprisingly flavorful for a 50% dram. This is just a flavor and nose explosion. So score? I'm debating why this isn't a 5.0. Finish is long as hell. Complexity is up there with anything. Balanced in the best way possible. It has EVERYTHING you want from scotch. There's even an alcohol bite at such a low abv that I can't explain but I love it. The only flaw is the body and texture is a bit light, it's a step below the rare 5's I've given and I think I have to knock it there. I have 3 5.0's and one might not have been CS but it was over 48%. They all had the complexity and finish and offered a level of balance. But they were a touch richer. So 4.75.
  4. Renier

5. spiritstradeer

Wow! One of my best 30yo single malt. I was lucky to buy it for just 249€, but without woodbox,never seen this price again. When you drink it you want more and more and more untill its done. Rich ,fruity , allspices, old wood, delicate smokiness, Finish: longlasting,mouthcoating, sweet ,fruity, dry.
    600.0 EUR per Bottle
    Baltic XL
  6. rjhatl

Comtrends
  7. mddamiano

8. rjhatl

Comtrends
  9. Lyrical

Nose is sweet with notes of honey and some fruit. Palate is super smooth, sweet. There's a deep complexity that lasts through the finish, a bit leathery.
  10. John-HJ-Kim