Kilchoman Machir Bay 2014

Kilchoman // Islay, Scotland

1. Glencastle

2. rfekete

Nose: peat, sweetness, some pungent spices Palate: spicy, sweet, peaty Finish: smoke, pungent spice, some ash With some water: for me it is more sweet, less pungent, more creamy
  3. bryanworrall

Interesting flavor, peated, smoke, and chocolate
  4. DigitalCork

Like drinking honeyed liqueur from a newly-charred barrel. The peat is intermingled throughout, but there isn't much of a journey here. I could almost fault it for confusing my palate, turning uniformity into consistency. Better than the Kilchoman Sanaig, and much less bold than the Ardbeg 10, this is worth a dram every now and then. My Rating Glossary: Two Stars: "I'd rather be drinking lite beer." Two 1/2 Stars: "Posh rubbish." Three Stars: "I love whisk(e)y. This is average love." Three 1/2 Stars: "May buy again." Four Stars: "I've got to get you into my life." Four 1/2 Stars: "Better than drugs." Five Stars: "Life is good. Whisky makes it better."
  5. scotchisgood

Nose: vanilla and butterscotch, brine, seaweed Palate: sweet, more butterscotch, iodine, band-aids, salted fish, peat Flavor lingers pleasantly. Didn’t know this was a blend, I prefer single malts, but this was a nice surprise. First sample from this distillery and won’t be my last.
    Zetouna Liquor Store
  6. Michael-Gentils

Okay, light, medium smoke. Drank immediately after Ardbeg so not sure how weak the peat really is.
  7. tsjalling89