ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Kilchoman Machir Bay 2014

Kilchoman // Islay, Scotland

1. nherwegh

2. daxstronamy

Fruity sweetness and oaky with peat riding right up under the whole way through.
      Buford
    3. stensig04

Initially brine and smoke one the nose, but then it leans into more zesty citrus and bright notes. Palate continues with the bright zest and fresh citrus fruit, but it's wrapped in brine and campfire smoke much more than the nose, making for a more balanced and full experience. Finish is a good mixture of brine with mild wodden tannins and the citrus.
    4. sotuta

5. ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Remove ads, get access to premium features, and more with
      Distiller Pro

6. 63.0 USD per Bottle
    7. kandrew1

Not sure if I'm tasting the 2014 or a different year. Intensely smokey on the nose, but a different kind of smoke than I expect from Islay. It smells lighter, less earthier. Body is spicy and smooth, with a tangy finish. I like this a lot, and definitely want to try more from this distillery.
    8. Glencastle

9. rfekete

Nose: peat, sweetness, some pungent spices Palate: spicy, sweet, peaty Finish: smoke, pungent spice, some ash With some water: for me it is more sweet, less pungent, more creamy
    10. bryanworrall

Interesting flavor, peated, smoke, and chocolate
    11. DigitalArc

Like drinking honeyed liqueur from a newly-charred barrel. The peat is intermingled throughout, but there isn't much of a journey here. I could almost fault it for confusing my palate, turning uniformity into consistency. Better than the Kilchoman Sanaig, and much less bold than the Ardbeg 10, this is worth a dram every now and then. My Rating Glossary: Two Stars: "I'd rather be drinking lite beer." Two 1/2 Stars: "Posh rubbish." Three Stars: "I love whisk(e)y. This is average love." Three 1/2 Stars: "May buy again." Four Stars: "I've got to get you into my life." Four 1/2 Stars: "Better than drugs." Five Stars: "Life is good. Whisky makes it better."
    Results 1-10 of 194 Tastes