Lambay Small Batch Blend Finished in Cognac Casks

Blended

Lambay // Ireland

1. Crayg

2. icsteel154

Summerton Virtual Whisky Festival sample. This is a surprisingly good blend. Surprising because it’s very young - and it tastes young - but still has a creamy, peppery vanilla flavour. The cognac helps the blend of the grain with the malt. It’s fairly floral as it develops, with the faintest fruitiness. The floral nature made me sneeze with this one! A pretty decent blend and what I would consider a session whisky - assuming it doesn’t keep making me allergic-y!
  3. Justin-Wilson

Light, but tasty. Gentle drinking. Very little of the classic pot-still distillate taste, mostly soft vanilla notes.
  4. Banbanbaraban

5. jack_hsu

Little spicy, butter ,carmel,honney.sweet finish smooth
  6. nstp

7. foggy_notion

8. Dadiec

Like others was hoping for more. It was drinkable but thin. I felt like it needed more time in barrel, to get more flavor. The vanilla, caramel and smoke was there but had to concentrate on identifying them.
  9. robertwayne64024

I like this, but, I hoped to love it. Pouring a decent Irish with a cognac finish sounded fantastic. This IS good, but not as special as I had hoped. It noses of ethanol and fruity nuts. On the pallet it is silky, but thin. There seems to be very little pot still in this, and the impact of the cognac casks, while there is a nice accent, is marginal. I was able to find this on sale for a little under $30---to have paid more I would have felt ripped off. While it is a little more sophisticated than standard Bushmills or Jameson, it is not worth too many $$ more. For a similar price I would greatly prefer a serving of the Quiet Man or The Irishman.
  10. TriumphRat

Nice and light. The cognac influence is there but rather understated. It has a pretty quick finish. It’s nice but I wouldn’t buy it again.

• Don's Liquors & Wine