Requested By tuckersushi1

Raleigh, NC, USA

Requested By tuckersushi1
  1. Andrewski

2. wroncsu

Love their beers, but the spirits could use more time to age. Not overly smooth. Enjoy the flavors on the front end though.
  3. Cherry really comes through
  4. tkoutlaw

Smooth!
  5. Tj-Martlock

I am not a sherry cast person but this one is not too bad
  6. TBone1356

A spicier bourbon. Initial spice of cinnamon and anise with a strong layer of sherry. Astringent finish of a bourbon that could use more time in the barrel.
  7. singlewide

8. DieselTN

Milk Bar
  9. Guitar_mann

This review is going to be difficult for me. I met the man behind Lonerider at a culinary conference in Raleigh, NC a few years ago. He is a really good guy and his microbrews are fantastic. I am partial to the Shotgun Betty hefeweizen. A friend shared a sample to taste of the Sherry cask finished bourbon. The flavors, while not remarkable, are not bad. There are no off flavors or lingering swill aftertastes. There is apple and other fruity tones in the nose and initial taste, but not a lot of anything remarkable. I can definitely taste the Sherry cask influence which softens up flavors a bit. I like what this offers, but I have a couple problems. This is sourced juice. I understand the, "necessity" and I am okay with that. It is locally finished and bottled but, why would one buy this? This brings nothing really extra to the party. Also, it is not a particularly affordable bottle either. For the $40 I can score many of my go-to bottles.(see my fair ratings) I know the good folks at Lonerider believe in themselves and know how to create good beverage. I will just have to be patient and wait for their home juice in few years. Again, this is why distillers like New Riff get extra points from me. Whenever you see Lonerider Shotgun Betty on tap at a watering hole, order a pour. It's especially good with assertive foods. (Ribs, wings etc).
  10. cassfan3