Lusty Claw Bourbon

1.0
  6. Govener

7. PBMichiganWolverine

1.0
    Back in college, there was this one woman, we’ll call her “C”. She always wore these religious cult like T-shirts, a bandana, and mismatched sneakers. She also always used to ask me to come over her place, generally late at night, to look at her knife collection. Like every week. ‘ hey, I just got this awesome switchblade to add to my collection. Want to come over tonight to take a look? I’m good after 11pm”. Or, “ hey, I just got this awesome sword, sharpened it real good too. Want to come over around midnight?” Problem was, I never knew that if I went in, if I’d ever come back out. Needless to say, I always politely refused. I didn’t have medical insurance back then...would’ve hated to bleed to death while waiting at the ER. That takes me to this beauty. Over the holidays, a friend bought this over, saying it’s been sitting way back in his cabinet, and he thought I’d like to have a taste with him. Problem is...the name and looks of it, I just didn’t know if I’d come out alive after a few sips. Never heard of this brand; bottle looked weird as if he got it from the shelf of an odd ends bin store; and the name...well, no self respecting distillery would use Lusty as the name. Unless it’s cheap rum targeting spring break co-eds as their primary consumer base. Then I can see Lusty as a great moniker. Anyway, I did have a few sips. It’s not drain worthy...but it’s bad. Young, heavy handed in the corn-saccharin taste, and a rough itchy finish. I can see it mixed well with high sugar cocktails, but neat is just plain wrong. I didn’t drink or go on spring break in college ( 25 credits.semester and dual major saw to that), but if I did, this might be my go-to condiment. My personal opinion: as grown adults, we should never invite people late at night to look at our knife collection, nor should we be drinking this neat.
  8. mrkeithedwardstevens

9. OldLeatherneck

Good flavor. Nice bottle for the shelf