Octomore 06.3/258 Islay Barley

Octomore // Islay, Scotland

RARE
  1. RyanS88

This is hands down the best scotch I have ever had. I have seen that this stuff varies a lot batch to batch but I can say that this batch is a winner. If you see the 6.3, buy it. It is worth the price!
  2. decocar1

3. telcoserf

4. wms

5. byip12

This is delicious. I wish this bottle was still available
    Bruichladdich Distillery
  6. wms

7. atknapp

258 ppm....more need not be said. Not only is it smoky and peppery on the tongue to an extreme, the finish might as well feel like your mouth is on fire (and should you exhale near an open flame, it might be). In spite of that, the actual drink is remarkably smooth. Rare, and delightful, if you ever have a chance.
    Soho Whisky Club
  8. carpejugulum

In some respects my critical faculties fail me when I taste Octomore. This is my favourite type of whisky, heavily peated Islay, at a ridiculous 258 ppm (remember Ardbeg is 55 ppm) and it tastes sublime. What’s not to like? And, shit, yes I’ll buy into the fact that terroir matters. Isla barley from Lorgba Field, Octomore Farm. Count me in. It don’t get much better than this. This one goes up to eleven, trust me,if you can find it.
  9. BeerRay

Norfolk
  10. Appleboatpeacebear

Just tasted this for the first time. Blow your mind. Hit of sweet then the peaty smoke followed by some subtle brine and salt. Then the peat lingers. This was amazing. If I could find this I would buy as much as I could afford.