Penderyn Madeira

2. romanpotocki

Le Villaret du Nial
  3. Matija-Ple-a

4. Sobrarike

This is my first tasting notes experience here, so please forgive the length. This was a gift from a Coworker of my Husband while on a trip to London. His Coworker was from Wales and presented it at dinner as the only Distillery in Wales. This is the Madeira Cask finish. I get a nice Oak and berry smell, with a strong bite of alcohol coming off my Glencairn. On my tongue, it is thick and fruity; with whiffs of butterscotch floating between the whiskey and the roof of my mouth, making me think this would be really great with Pancakes and BlackBerry Syrup. Heat this up and add it to it like a hot toddy. The flavor stays well after a minute between sips, and the initial strength of the 46% apv settles down to the point that I can more than happy having my nose buried in my glass, and I find myself concocting recipes using this. As a gift, this is a great Whiskey. I have no idea the price range, so I can’t really speak to that. I like it though. At the end of the day, I know there will be nights where I pour myself a Dram from this bottle. Isn’t that what matters most?
  5. Kenzo_IT

Nothing special
  6. acstovall8

strong rain smell and taste, balanced
  7. hkmst10