Pinhook Lot Release #2 Bourbonize

Pinhook Bourbon // Kentucky, USA

RARE
  1. brockrexius

Pinhook’s Fall 2018 “Bourbon Country” bourbon release (their #8 overall). 47.75% abv. Aged at least 3 years. Super-spicy cinnamon and white pepper. A little bit of pear on the back end once your palate gets used to the initial punch. 3.78.
    Mammography Education Inc
  2. dubz480

Reviewing Pinhook Bourbon Country. This is a limited annual release. I tasted last year's release (Bourbon N Rye) and really enjoyed it. So when I saw this year's release at my local TW I decided to take the plunge. This Bourbon is distilled by MGP and blended and bottled by Castle and Key in Kentucky. It's age stated at 3 yrs with a mashbill of 75% corn, 20.5% rye and 4.5% malted barley. It's proofed at 97.75%. The only other thing I would note is that it's a very light colored Bourbon in the bottle, this leads me to believe it may be very light on the pallette and gave me hesitation in making this purchase. However, with it being under $40 and my positive experience with last year's batch was enough for me to risk it. On to the tasting! Upon entry you get honey, honeysuckle and light vanilla. Extremely smooth with a surprisingly viscous body. My concerns were instantly dispelled! Mid pallette shows some clove and pepper notes nicely balanced with dried fruits. Finish lingers with more of the light spice notes and some apricot. This an extremely approachable Bourbon that while won't be then most complex pour, it's pretty unique (especially for the price) and worth seeking out. The more I sip on it the more I like it! This bottle will not last I can already tell! Solid 3.5/5.
    Total Wine & More
  3. Top_Shelf_Tipsy

4. dcollin4444

It's actually Release 7 i'm reviewing. Tired of waiting for Distiller to add it (requested in 9 months ago). 7 is a great bourbon!
  5. pauguste