Semental Añejo Tequila

Tequila Añejo

Tequila Semental // Tequila Valley, Jalisco, Mexico

1. PBMichiganWolverine

I think this is probably my second or third tequila. A 375ml one, for $26. Roughly translates to $50 for a normal bottle. So---I had no intention of buying anything, but went to my local store just to see what's new (actually to sample the wine and cheeses). I ran into that beautiful Oaxacan clerk again, who chatted me up on Oaxacan cuisine. Again. She then asked how I liked that mezcal she recommended. ( the Ilegal Rsposado). Now she recommended this. Twenty minutes later and a detailed knowledge of the difference between Mexican chocolate and normal in Oaxacan cuisine, I'm standing in line making a purchase. Anyway, on the bright side---this is a really good sipping tequila. If you love scotch, this is up your alley. Nose is of green herbs, thyme and bay leaves specifically. The taste minerally, with a hint of smoke. Grass and green fruits, like kiwi. A bit of raw papaya. Just amazing. Finish is smoky tobacco and cigar. Really liking this. She was spot on. Thank you clerk that works the afternoon Sunday shift.