The Irishman Founder's Reserve

Blended

The Irishman // Ireland

community rating

3.38
3 out of 5 stars
( 221 )

The Founders Reserve is the first bottling in the Irishman line-up and was formally known as The Irishman 70.

It has been named as such due to the 70% single malt component in the whiskey.

The Founders Reserve is the first bottling in the Irishman line-up and was formally known as The Irishman 70. It has been named as such due to the 70% single malt component in the whiskey. The remaining 30% is comprised of single pot still whiskey and all of the whiskey is aged in ex-bourbon barrels.

  • age
    NAS
  • Cost
  • abv
    40.0
  • Blended
    Comprised of both single malt(s) and single grain(s) often from many different distilleries; if Scotch or Irish must be aged for at least three years in oak barrels; Irish may include single pot still whiskey in the blend.
  • Cask Type
    ex-Bourbon

Tasting Notes

"While not intensely aromatic, you will find grain, honey, and a small dose of vanilla to the whiskey. Apples and citrus help to provide a tangy quality, and while the dram isn't lush and full, the whiskey is smooth. Your finish is slightly bitter and filled with more grain and apple and just a touch of almonds."

Score 85
Flavor Profile

Fruity

Trusted Partner Stores