The Whistler How the Years Whistle By

The Whistler // Ireland

1. whiskey805

2. Mar-Cadavid

3. jlpenley

was 5 year double oaked. smooth. caramel after taste.
  4. awortham

5. DarrenAnderson

6. The_Rev

A brief revisit/second taste note. With the bottle having been open a bit, the shy, low-on-chemistry date turned out to have quite a bit of personality waiting for the second date. Much fuller, rounder flavors in line with that glorious nose.
  7. The_Rev

The best way I can describe this whiskey is that it's like a girl I dated once...ok, ok, twice. You see, the problem was simple - I was lonely as hell, living out on the Iowa prairie by myself in a tiny town, and I desperately wanted this girl to be "the one," or at least someone I was really into. But...I wasn't. I just kind of found her moderately enjoyable, but there wasn't much in the way of chemistry. The same applies, though the nose here is phenomenal - big and full, loaded with nutty banana bread, vanilla, a little dried apricot and fig drizzled with honey. The palate isn't bad, but it seems a little flat compared to the nose, with a short finish. The sherry notes fade a bit, too, and you're left with a more-or-less generic seeming Irish whiskey. I suspect that, if bottled at a higher ABV, there might be a bit more to enjoy. It's a shame; I could nose this all day.
  8. DeHalla