Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Single Barrel

Woodford Reserve // Kentucky, USA

1. 26PM

Vanilla, smooth AF, easy on the lips.
  2. jalvino0

3. postmodernbarber

Batch #3
  4. Zachary-Robbins

My county (Orange County, NC) received a store pick single barrel of this, so I had to pick it up despite the exorbitant price. The week prior I had purchased Jim Beam Double Oak and I could not pass up the opportunity to buy the clearly superior product. The only other time I've had Woodford Reserve Double Oaked was at the distillery. I remember enjoying it immensely, but I was also hammered by the time I got there. (Third distillery of the day, my friends and I killed a fifth between each distillery.) Buttery oak is so prominent on the nose. Unlike Jim Beam's offering, this smells smooth and delicious and in no way artificial. I think of a caramel coffee bread pudding with a dash of oak, something you'll find at an upscale southern restaurant. If you've had a rich bread pudding then you'll know there are few desserts better suited to conclude a meal. I surprisingly had an amazing bread pudding at a brewery last month, the quality far outweighed the dinner. That bread pudding buttery oak is all over the tongue, and the syrupy quality is strong. It is sweet enough that you will probably get 2 drinks max out of this before you want to switch to something else. The oak and sweetness lingers, while the alcohol taste is minimal. Overall I would almost classify this as a dessert liqueur despite its abv, it's something to savor and enjoy. I think people who do not necessarily enjoy whiskey might like this since the sweetness dominates the alcohol.
  5. keithmyath