291 American Whiskey

Other Whiskey

291 // Colorado, USA

RARE
  1. MountainRoot

Appearance: This bourbon mash patriotic offering is a light honey gold color, and extremely thin and oily legs slowly crawl their way down the glass. Nose: The nose is smokey and almost salty, like salted almonds salty. There are other notes such as honey and heather, some florality, cut grass, and minus the strong note of aspen dust, this batch is really smelling like highland scotch territory. Taste: The palate has heat initially, a dry chalky mouthfeel, then very faint notes of vanilla and caramel, and some notes of spinach and plum. I noticed this taste differed from the smell immensely. Finish: I perceive a lingering dry cinnamony finish. Thoughts: I am drinking from bottle 19-0425, and though I really enjoy the nose, the taste could be better in my opinion. I am planning to try this whiskey in some cocktails to see how it does, but overall it’s not bad, just not the tier I know 291 is capable of. Distillery 291, thanks as always! Cheers!
  2. JerBear

decent local whiskey, not overly tasteful. sweeter note. maybe good for shawn
  3. russmc

Reminds me of Jameson
  4. climbingbrit

Very young. Tastes and smells young.
  5. bpneill