Absolut Lime

Flavored Vodka

Absolut // Sweden

1. OldDude

Ok I bought this on a whim, it was on sale for $16.99 and it was 97° out today. On a hot summer afternoon I will normally turn to my trusty gin and tonic or perhaps a margarita, today I felt adventurous and this lime vodka sounded refreshing. For me vodka has always been one of those spirits that is somewhat blasé, nondescript, lacking character and depth. The Northern Europeans & Russians have been distilling vodka for centuries, and enjoying straight up. Bloody Mary...ok, neat... not so much. So for me vodka has always been a mixer, it excels in its versatility. So what about this one? Well I enjoyed it and I was right, it’s quite refreshing. The nose will definitely throw you off, it really does have a sweet/sour jolly rancher or or lime chuckles candy twang, not at all like a real lime. The body was balanced pretty well, not overly sweet, the (artificial) lime flavor was present but not overpowering, kind of a silky smoothness that definitely wasn’t harsh, a little vodka bitterness on the short finish. I chilled this and had it with a big cube and it held up pretty well. Adding seltzer or tonic simply made the flavor too subtle for me. All in all this was a enjoyable change, perfect for a hot summer afternoon. I would’ve given this one 3.25 ⭐️ if the lime flavor was more natural, alas it’s not.
  2. vodka_sipper

Smooth with subtle lime flavor and sweetness
  3. TakashimayaMurphy

4. AMimiMC

Great in cranberry vodka. Lime flavor isn’t quite perfectly reminiscent of lime but close enough not to notice
  5. Suthan-Ketheeswaran