Amrut Spectrum 004

Amrut // India

1. whiskey_whisky_

Rich, fragrant nose. Malt, sherry, walnuts. stings the nose a bit. Explodes on the palate, acidic burst of flavor. Loooong finish, all the elements stay on the tongue. Almost seltzer like. Strong sherry flavor, but a balancing maltiness as well. A must try for sherried scotch fans, this us like Macallan from concentrate. 5/15/19
    28.0 USD per Pour
    On the Rocks
  2. worldwhiskies95

Great stuff with notes of caramel, chocolate, raisins, peppery spices, and whisps of smoke.
    28.0 USD per Pour
    On the Rocks
  3. philnick93

Amazingly dark and rich. An incredible 96
  4. PBMichiganWolverine

Oh my god, this has got to be one of the most complex whiskies I’ve ever tasted. It was incredibly hard to pin down any one flavor profile, yet strangely, it all seems to work in unison together. First of all, this is incredibly rare...about 1800 bottles in total produced, so I’m that much more thankful to @Richard-ModernDrinking for this sample...thanks Richard. The color is the first thing I noted...it’s like a bourbon, deep mahogany. Nose is a bit strange...a bit woody. But where it really shines is the palette. Now the whirlwind of flavors begin. A cask made of 4 different woods, you’d expect either an unholy mess, or a masterpiece. No middle ground. Fortunately, this is the latter. I’m not sure this is still available, but if it is, it’s a definite buy. Unique, ingenious, and pushing the envelope in creativity.
  5. Ilikescotch

6. dstyles23

7. nickofbouchard

8. pjbdavis

9. Soba45

Really interesting dram. Cinnamon, spice pepper cardamon. 4.25. Sold out in no time in the Dramfest `18 session. I tried it a couple of days prior in my favourite bar ever :-).
  10. bvbull200

Strong flavor that reminds me of dates (the fruit). Dark, great mouth feel. Wish I could drink it again.