Bunnahabhain Ceòbanach

Bunnahabhain // Islay, Scotland

1. adampederson

Peatey. Hmm. If I think of it that way, it's complex and interesting, makes me think of peat (yes) and the smoke of a well-banked coal bed. If I don't specifically keep that context in mind...first smell was "dry erase marker," first taste was "that smell when gluing a carpet seam." I think this ain't my thing.
  2. lukejessee

Overly peaty tasting. Not my type of scotch. I love the regular 12 year Bunnahabhain, but not this.
  3. KenMcGrizzle

Nose has cherries and nuts with caramel, taste is Smokey chocolate, sweet with dried fruit and a soggy oak taste with a long finish
  4. logurt

5. John-Silkey

nice and perfect by the fire
  6. MattyB

7. whiskeydad

Shout out to the Missus for getting me this bottle for our anniversary back in December, ’18. It’s almost as perfect as her. ;)
  8. ianclark25

9. Spamin76

Smokey, peaty, coastal, salty, but not medicinal like Laphroaig, not earthy and vegetal as Ardbeg. Strong black pepper. It's more of a smokey , but otherwise light whiskey - smokey and light seems like a contradiction, but that is the most apt description, I think because it is more smokey than peaty, and the lack of overwhelming peat let's the core flavors shine through. It's sweet, salty, some mild, dry, herbal flavors(something like oregano?)- it's like smokey sea water, mixed with just a drop of honey or butterscotch. It has a nice balance. The Distiller reviewer mentioned that it's like Islay, but with the sun, and a sunny day on Islay is just about a perfect description. Laphroaig and Ardbeg are more like a raging storm on Islay, but this is a sunny day on Islay. I really like this. Might have to buy another bottle once I finish this one.
  10. chunky