Calvados Berneroy VSOP

Calvados

Berneroy // Calvados, France

1. msauce

2. Reverend357

Day 4. Sorry I'm late, had guests yesterday. (on a sidenote, everbody loved Balvenie, everbody hated Ardbeg...more for me). Doing a double feature today. Starting with this Calvados. My first calvados to be exact. And probably my last for a while. Hope I do better with gin.... On the nose you get cider, cinnamon, pepper and that old dusty winecellar smell that I love. For some reason a couple minutes into the glas, the smell changed. Moldy wood. Rather offputting for me. The taste is apples with cinnamon, pepper, honey and oaky spices. Quite a bit of heat, rather enjoyable. Aftertaste is honeyed apples and not much more. Would rate it higher based on the initial smell and taste, but that mold note I got halfway in ruined it for me....
  3. PBMichiganWolverine

My first calvados. Okay, technically, 2nd...but the first didn't count, since I bought a bottom shelf one to make a sauce. ( try it...pumpkin cheesecake, topped with calvados sauce...really good). This is fall packaged in a bottle. Smells like green apples and crisp cider. Sweet taste like honey dipped apple slices. Not sure I'd like to make this a regular item, but it's really good in the right context ( fall, chilly night, and a full stomach).
  4. tehrikio

v floral and sweet aroma, floral, less apple and spice flavor, more generally fruity than Applejack
  5. ufmark

6. cpundock

Cherry nose. Apple flavor with a touch of cinnamon. Intense oak finish with notes of pear.
  7. gregkranz

Baked apples, cider, forest floor, wild mushrooms, spice
  8. nmooneyhan