Compass Box The Double Single

Blended

Compass Box // Scotland

1. Rlechner

2. Rlechner

Light fruity notes, definitely getting the lemon zest and waxy components that many others have mentioned. The finish is very smooth, albeit somewhat short. Overall a fine sipping scotch for a warm San Francisco October evening. Not sure it’s worth the $150 price point, but having bought the bottle I certainly will enjoy it! Cheers!
  3. wicketmike

4. Matthew-Knowles

Great drink sweet notes
  5. Soba45

I'm getting lazy (or maybe is it just efficient..) so I'll start poaching from other reviews. The collective experience sums things up way better than I every can so why bother..little value will be added here. I'll throw in salted green toffee apples from Lee which nailed it (word order shifted slightly around :-)) and I will sum up by agreeing with PBMs sentiment. I think a few great reasonably priced successes have gone to Compass Boxes head. The pricing is getting stupid and completely out of wack with the product. $170USD for this? Still its at least a 3.75 to 4.
  6. migueldurao

Great blend, spicey, less complex than blue , tasty, great nose
  7. jone9067

8. Colsey12

9. Richard-ModernDrinking

Late to this party and I felt like I needed more time with it than my small sample provided, but I found this intriguing and worthy of further contemplation. Many of the flavors felt frustratingly just beyond reach of my vocabulary given how little liquid I had to work with, but my notes list a nose of old wooden desks (specifically the one my father used to have when I was a child,) tamarind and dried plums on the palette, and a finish like a very dry ginger snap. Edging into buy-a-bottle territory, if only because there’s a lot of complexity to explore in this minamilist blend, if not quite the slam dunk of many a Compass Box.
  10. rhchestnut