Requested By samueljcarlson

Deerhammer Straight Bourbon

Deerhammer // Colorado, USA

Requested By samueljcarlson
  1. JDeschain

Toasty... I stopped by a coffee shop/bar in CO and saw this on the shelf. I really enjoyed Deerhammer’s single malt, so I thought I’d try a pour of their bourbon. Nose: It’s sweet. Chocolate, toffee, caramel. It reminded me of the Rolos candy I used to eat as a kid. Palate: Toasted bread, vanilla, maple, some corn sweetness, and a some heat. It’s surprisingly spicy despite not having rye. There’s a smokiness to this bourbon too.Must be that toasted barley in the mashbill. Unlike the single malt which had some fruit notes, I don’t get much fruit sweetness from this. Finish: Nutty then astringent. It leaves my tongue dry along with some oak and toasted bread. Not bad...
  2. burts11

3. Scott-Hasick

Bread, brown sugar, wonderful rye finish!
  4. dbroeck

5. Eric-LilBuddy-Millen

6. Corywcomer

7. qklm

1.0
    This is one of the worst whiskey's I've ever had the displeasure to try, second only to the American Malt released by the same distiller. Nose: Wet grass, Light oak, Touch of vanilla Palate: Weird char impact, more wet grass, and an almost tequila-like smoke quality Finish: astringent, sharp, and thankfully quite short. While we put the sample bottle we were sent to good use on unsuspecting coworkers, it was ultimately poured down the drain.
  8. Kevin-Christopher