Doorly's 12 Year Rum

1. Javier-Duran

2. mstorin11

3. Francesco-He

4. JDeschain

Review from a whiskey drinker: I wanted to take a break from whiskey and try a different spirit like rum. The only rums I tried were flavored rum (Malibu) and spiced rum (Captain Morgan/Sailor Jerry). I tried a sample of Kraken spiced rum a few weeks ago, and it was not to my liking. After some research, I found Doorly's 12. I liked that it doesn't have any added sugars, and it was fairly cheap. So I decided to give it a shot and buy a bottle. While drinking this neat in a glencairn, the nose did have a lot of similarities to a bourbon. Rich vanilla notes with some cherry and orange. These aromas were carried by a deep butterscotch smell. I liked it a lot. On the taste, I get hit with oak and some dryness on the palate. Then there's a nice buttery and syrupy taste with orange zest. Its very rich and coats the mouth like pancake syrup, but its not too sweet. There's also some heat on this which is surprising for 80 proof. The finish is decent with some oak. While I find many similarities to bourbon here, it is distinctly a rum. That rich syrup feel with butterscotch flavor is good. I like this a lot, especially as a dessert drink. I would love to revisit this after I've tried several other rums. Also, its cheaper ($26) compared to most whiskeys the same age which is a big plus in my book! Side Note: This rum came in a fairly nice box with some good graphics. However, on the back of the box, "Foursquare Rum Distillery" is misspelled. It says "Forsquare" instead. Also, a small printed sticker was placed on the back of the bottle. It was covering the old "imported by" info with new information. I found it quite odd and had me a bit worried about QC, especially when the distillery's name is misspelled. Luckily the juice inside is great!
  5. rjhatl

Origin Bar
  6. Soba45

Quick hit review. Cracked this open at a barbecue after a wine or two. Very nice example of a rum, takes me back to my rum drinking days. It's not oversweet like a lot of rums but still to sweet for my palate. Definitely a quality drop and one you should try if you are into rums.
  7. audio1

Getting to appreciate it more 👌
  8. gyork

9. JandJ

10. Tnkemist

Specially good with coke. Otherwise just above average.