Evan Williams White Label Bottled in Bond Bourbon

Heaven Hill // Kentucky, USA

1. Douglas-Hamelwright-Jr-

2. jaredtwilson1980

3. Zachary-Robbins

I purchased this around the same time I also bought 1783 and Single Barrel for an EW comparison. I have tried the other two multiple times, but never purchased this. The EW BiB has received a lot of hype from whiskey enthusiasts. At this point I think it is slightly overhyped, but for $16 this is still a great purchase. Just don't buy this and assume you are getting a $50 bourbon. It is simply a cheap bourbon that is better than most $20-30 offerings. Up front I get much more alcohol than I do with 1783 or Single Barrel, as expected with 7% more alcohol. I get some caramel spice, but also oak and corn dust. I taste heavy corn and oak, with less spice and sweetness than expected. The finish is medium with lingering oak and everything else seems to disappear. I see the value in all 3 EWs. Personally I prefer the Single Barrel, but this is a good buy as well. The 1783 may be the worst of the 3, but it also comes in a plastic 375 mL, perfect for trips. Personally I recommend all 3 options and the Black, EW in my mind makes the best affordable bourbon on the market. I don't understand the Distiller rating of 80 considering the written review, it makes little sense.
  4. Sixty9below0

I’ve always thought it would be difficult to compare this to the “higher end” Bourbons but it holds it ground well. It’s my go-to inexpensive whiskey.
  5. qnolan

Aroma is a thick slice of vanilla, caramel cake. A great budget bourbon. Holds well in an old fashioned but just as good in a glass after mowing the yard. Simple, easy, classic.
  6. Smellypoopoohead

7. RailroadBill

Young whiskey with expected 100 Proof burn. Still a flavorful pour that could easily be a daily dram.
  8. soupersooner

Great for $12...sweet vanilla pudding and a short oak backend. Great value
  9. ScottR3

I’m comparing this to HH 6yr BIB tonight and it’s every bit as good. Don’t feel bad the HH is gone. Instead, go pick up a bottle of EW White Label