Fuenteseca Reserva Extra Añejo Tequila 7 Años

Tequila Extra Añejo

Los Altos, Jalisco, Mexico

community rating

4 out of 5 stars
( 3 )

The seven year expression of Fuenteseca extra añejo was distilled in 2005 and aged in two different barrel types. Most of the distillate (80%) was placed into American white oak barrels that previously held California red wine; the rest (20%) was poured into dark French oak barrels. The spirit was distilled at NOM 1146 in alembic stills made of copper and stainless steel, and the barrels were held at high elevation (3,800') in a cool climate.

  • age
  • Cost
  • abv
  • Tequila Extra Añejo
    Distilled from 100% blue Weber agave, it is aged for at least 3 years in barrels not to exceed 600 liters. Any type of wood is acceptable, although ex-bourbon barrels are most common. Extra Añejo tequilas are also known as "ultra aged".
  • Cask Type

Tasting Notes

"After seven years of barrel ageing, this tequila takes on a fairly dark copper hue. The aroma is inviting with a strong note of agave and a touch of fresh bell pepper. On the palate it has a very pleasant hit of spice, an approachable sweetness with a hint of vanilla, and minerality that lingers long after swallowing. This is a wonderful tequila that invites repeated sips to allow its complexity to unfold."

Added by
Score 92

Remove ads, get access to upcoming features, and more with
Distiller Pro

Flavor Profile