Gold Bar American Whiskey

Other Whiskey

Gold Bar // (blended & bottled in California), USA

1. JakeBennett

Warm in the mouth. heavy vanilla, slightly finish, though not unbearably so. Others said it - good enough whiskey, if it weren’t for the packaging it probably wouldn’t stand out. Will probably but again to share with the boys.
    10.0 USD per Pour
    SPEC'S LIQUOR
  2. Davex7

3. MountainRoot

Bright gold is the color of this whiskey, and I would expect nothing less! The glass walls also show thick watery legs. The nose is sweet but not overly complex. I detect notes of dusty corn, candied walnuts, yogurt covered raisins, cotton candy, and a faint ethanol scent. The palate has a watery mouthfeel, with notes of sweet corn, grape skins, cracked pepper, and Spree candy. The finish is of medium length and ends kind of peppery. I will agree with Distiller’s Jacob Grier when he says this whiskey is, “more glam than dram.” It is a fancy package and a gimmicky finishing process, but that does make one feel this whiskey is special and makes the moments worth celebrating more memorable. As an example, I poured a dram of this for myself when my wife and I brought our daughter, Jane, home for the first time after she was born the other day! It may not be the best whiskey, but the moment made it special. Would I buy it again, probably not. But it made for a nice memory. Thanks Gold Bar. And Cheers to baby Jane!
    10.0 USD per Pour
  4. KDCO

1.0
  5. tkleinheinz

Ok, not my favorite. Probably won’t buy again.
  6. dwbailey

Nose: light, sweet, very mild spice, little bit of corn Palate: thin, not a lot a flavor intensity, mild sweetness, mild corn Finish: short, very sweet (almost candy sweet), very mild spice Overall, a relatively unremarkable whiskey.
  7. Beercules13

8. ameek

True golden color to match its name. Nice deep flavor fruity but unidentifiable aroma. The oak lingers on the finish.very nice and pleasant whiskey. I’ve had better, but many that are worse. Overall very drinkable.
  9. samceerocker