James T. Kirk Straight Bourbon

Star Trek // USA

1. dubz480

I know, I know! I should be better than this but during a fun filled Saturday planning out some enhancements to the Arizona Whiskey Community Group (anyone in AZ and part of Facebook look us up and join!) I noticed this bottle on his shelf. I just had to have a pour and see if it's any good. The bottle I tasted was distilled in Indiana (MGP) and has a straight designation with no age statement (meaning it's at least 4 yrs old). As far as the palette it's classic young MGP bourbon. If you have ever had Pinhook it's really similar but not at smooth. It's super light with a good dose of spice, brown sugar and young oak. For the $65 price it's a hard pass. Honestly, I only got thru about 1 oz and poured the rest back in the bottle as he had a lot better Whiskey I wanted to taste! Cheers all!
    Peoria Sports Complex
  2. Sholmes202

Love the bottle for a decanter but the sourced bourbon was obviously "sourced" from the worst part of the rick house. You can get MUCH better Bourbon at the same price or lower. My bottle is now filled with Knob Creek Single Barrel.
  3. Nathan-Day

4. dullenty

Caramel-y, slight peppercorn
  5. gegtoter

6. BlimpsGo90

I dumped it. First bottle I ever dumped. I love the decanter though. My new infinity bottle!
  7. GentlemanDrunkard

Nice notes of vanilla and caramel. Pretty smooth drinking.
  8. davisma2

Light nose, pretty strong for a 90 proof.
  9. BlimpsGo90

Neat. I deleted my prior reviews. I honestly thought I was going to pour this down the drain. Something rubbed me wrong but a few weeks on the shelf opened this one up. The nose is still lacking. I get overwhelming oak but nothing else. A smooth but watery mouth feel. Immediately sugar and maple syrup hit the pallet. Taste is lots of caramel and vanilla, little pepper hiding in the back. I honestly thought I was pouring this out today and instead poured a second taste. Big lesson learned for me. Let stuff oxidize before final judgement.
  10. apetrosino