Jura Tide 21 Year

1. vi82

Smooth
  2. macombstock

3. SamTheKing

Beautifully smooth but a very short and abrupt finish. Sweet fruits and ginger followed by a sugary sweetness
    150.0 GBP per Bottle
  4. PBMichiganWolverine

Opened up my 3cl sample while watching Planets on Amazon Prime with my kids. As an aside, anyone even remotely interested in astronomy should watch this series. Tonight’s episode was “ Saturn”...of which our “ on my god” moment was learning that Saturn’s moon Enceladus is in the same formative state as when Earth formed billions of years ago. It has ice water and super-heated vents in its salty ocean ( which were the source of life on Earth ). In fact, Cassini which was launched to probe Saturn was destroyed on purpose when NASA learned of this, just so as not to interfere with Enceladus’ formative state of possible life. Unfortunately, this dram was no where as interesting as Planets. But fortunately...Jura is true to form for me again, and presents itself with another let down. If I ask you what do you think of having a 21yr Islander for a pour this evening, your mind would race naturally towards a 21 yr Talisker or a 21 yr HP. But then I bring this guy out. What a freakin let down. They’re not in the same category. This has a bit of a bite, as if it’s younger than it’s age. I’m also getting sherry, which is strange, since I think this was matured in American oak, and then finished in ex-peated casks. I’m not getting the classic Islander sea breeze and salinity. This is a hard pass. I paid about $10 for the sample. Not worth it...unless you’d like to check off having a 20-something Islander.
    10.0 USD per Pour
  5. BergenWien

A whisky that with time grows and evolves and invites you for a treat. Rich, dark and woody nose with strong caramel notes. In mouth is round, warm and very spicy with some sweet notes. At first it feels a bit as Sherry but it is rather the influence of the virgin and charred oak. Warm and long finish in mouth that is more bitter than sweet. Good dram.
  6. caveman

If this were a cologne, I would buy it. Deep rich scent. Dark, carmely, and just the right amount of peat. Almost a hint of bacon to it. First sip: I like it. Mid bodied entry, bordering on thin, even a touch thinner in the middle, but the back of the pallet and the finish exactly mirror the smell. Second sip: consistent with the first. I could do a dram of this on a regular basis. It’s not a daily drinker, too brash and burly for that. It’s pretty warm too. But that “rough around the edges” feel also makes it special. I want a bottle.
  7. AdamDrinks