Knockando 15 Year

4. occi

5. marmouzet

6. chrisfletcher

7. Craiger_Mcgregger

Tasted on 11/14/18 at Whisky House San Diego Like the other reviews said, the flavor is nice, but it is not overly complex by any means.
  8. Scott_E

Knockando, most uncommon here is the North America (or at least in my region). A pour starts my late evening. I purchased via proxy from @LeeEvolved for our whisky group. This was distilled in 1998 and bottled in 2013. Aged in European oak sherry and refilled bourbon casks, but for how long in each, I am unsure. It arrives on the nose lightly sherried and sweet. Canned mixed nuts, dark chocolate, honey, vanilla, raisins and cereal (Raisin Bran). Some tropical fruits of honeydew and apricots. A pinch of cinnamon and oak are sprinkled about. A rather inviting nose. The body is medium in weight that arrives sweet and turns spicy. The sweetness is light brown sugar, vanilla and honey. This sweetness segues to the spicy notes of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. A ying/yang balance of sweet and spice. It finishes, long, of oak, cloves, cinnamon and almonds. The tongue rides out a soft tingle to completion. A solid opening draws you in. The palate, however balanced, is two dimensional and you find yourself wishing for a bit more and the one dimensional finish wishes for a more two dimensional finish. It’s a good pour and easily drinkable. For a 15 year, I do expect a bit more. [$48][84/100][Tasted: 7/6/18]
  9. PBMichiganWolverine

Thanks to @Scott_E for this sample. I’m gonna do a quick review on this, since I’m lined up to finish round 6 (been dragging my feet this round). Here it goes: pour 2 of 4 for this evening. I can still type. This is about $50. I’d not buy it. Would I get a pour at the bar? Nope.
  10. Nenuial