Octomore 07.2/208 Cask Evolution

Octomore // Islay, Scotland

1. Miki-Happo-Mouse

My greatest disappointment, not worthy of 150£. Very introvertic whisky, even with some water the nose and taste are modest. The peatiness despite of 208 ppm is hardly felt. Common Caol Ila 12 y.o. gave me more pleasure.
  2. whines12345

3. Baranoz

4. CordovZ

Nose- Herbal/ vegetal note, black sharpie, sweet honey, peat smoke, sea salt Palate- Malty barnyard notes initially, wave of peat smoke, wood spice, sour berries, ashes Finish- Long, viscous finish with notes of heavy peat, sour berries, and sweet honey This is interesting. Not nearly as good as the 10 year Octomore that I’ve tried, but still good nonetheless. Surprisingly not much peat on the nose. I’m getting mainly earthy barnyard and herbal notes, with an odd smell of a black sharpie. The palate, on the other hand, is filled with peat smoke. Notes of honey and sour berries balance the smoke out, but I can’t get past this black sharpie note. The finish is a good one, with the sharpie drifting away, and giving way to peat smoke, sour berries, and honey.
  5. Hellraiser72

My favourite of the 7 series Ocomore. The .2 is usually a wine cask finish and this one, finished in a Syrah cask, was my favourite. Hard to come by in Australia as it was a Duty Free exclusive but I've now managed to procure 3 bottles and I want more! One must be patient with this one as it needs air to show its full charatcer. Apart from the Brine, one gets smoked fish, choc fudge, burnt orange peel, licorice & barley sugar on the nose. It's a massive nose backed up by a palate that reciprocates it on the tongue. Dangerously complex with honey (beeswax), agave (yes mezcal), licorice bullets and the always present peat. The finish is almost bourbonesque with cherry, vanilla and chocolate but it's never too sweet. The balance with the peat makes sure of this. I love this whiskey and I wish the Dialogos range could be half as good. The 8.2 came close but I'm afraid we will never see Octomores as good as the Commus, 5.1, 6.3, 7.1, 7.2, 8.2 & 10yr old 2nd edition ever again. It's a shame really as the base whisky will always be good but it lacks one crutial ingredient..... Jim McEwan.
    260.0 AUD per Bottle
  6. Matthieu-Markowski

7. Dan-Clements

8. andrewk30

9. andrewk30

10. AJ_Chou

Oct 2019. Clear light gold. Aromatic campfire, brine, Smoky dried herb, oily malt biscuits in the bouquet. Peated Smoky flavor with warm vanilla and dried nuts in palate. Awesome balance with warm peated dried spiciest and tea leaves in the aftertaste.