Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2017

RARE
  1. jjeve

Hoppy Endings
  2. eringer

Hit me on the tip of my tongue. A bit sharp for my taste.
  3. mbrowland

37.0 USD per Pour
  4. Soccer021

5. clemshady

Incredibly well sorted out. All butterscotch.
  6. Swahili1

So I sampled this side by side with 2019 BB in what I called the "Battle of the Birthday Bourbons" after Thanksgiving Dinner. Where 2019 had cherry and vanilla on the nose, a spicy finish, and a welcomed bit of heat, 2017 was a bit of a polar opposite. I found the nose to have caramel and classic Old Forester green banana on the nose. It was a bit hard for me to find but I got there. The palate had vanilla caramels and a graham cracker crust. I like that alot. It was very traditional. The finish got a bit bitter after giving some oakiness and was short......not my cup of tea for a premium once per year release. Although some parts of this taste were really good, it fell short on others. I actually enjoyed 1920 better than 2017 BB. My guess is that the lack of abv robbed some of the richness. Overall: I prefered the 2019 over the 2017. The 2017 had no edge, where the 2019 was interesting and more complex, 2017 was Old Forester Birthday light in my opinion.
  7. RRWBall

Nose - floral- leather - chocolate - excellent nose. Want to just keep smelling Taste / Finish - very nice finish- smooth- warm- would like a longer burn- but excellent. - orange leather - fruit - tobacco-
  8. whiskeyhunter614